Sole Adjudicator Matthew Caley
First Prize £500
Second £250, Third £100
& 3 runner-up prizes of £25
Prize giving will be on 6th October
at the Essex Poetry Festival
Winners & runners-up will be invited
to read their winning poems at the festival.
Prize winning poems will be published on website.
- Poems may be up to 40 lines, and on any subject.
- Entries must be the poet’s own unpublished work. They should not be on offer elsewhere during this competition. Copyright remains with the author.
- The entry fee is £3.00 per poem or £10 for 4 poems. PLEASE MAKE CHEQUES PAYABLE TO
‘POETRY IN PRACTICE’
- Send 2 copies of each poem, typed on one side of A4 paper with the title of the poem at the top of the sheet. The competitor's name must NOT appear on the poem.
- All entries must be accompanied by A4 covering sheet with the authors name, address, contact details(email & phone) & titles of poems,
or use ready made entry form.
- Poems cannot be returned, so please don’t send original manuscripts
- The adjudicator’s decision is final.
- Please make sure entries have correct postage.
Do not send registered or special delivery, so long as entries are postmarked before 31st July they will be accepted.
Please read the rules carefully, and then send entries to the address below.
Essex Poetry Festival Competition